Pages

March 4, 2011

I saw this idea and how to make at the following Hobby Lobby website  We do not have a Hobby Lobby locally, so I  went to Dollar Tree and bought  most of what I would need to make 3 Easter  topiarys with my grandsons and the little girl I babysit , I made my own  styro columns by shaping blocks with slicing off to the shape i wanted. , The kids stick the  prepared picks in themselves and  I cut off stems from flowers and added suckers for them to stick in as well. Last night Ashley made the first one and had a ball doing this  .  She is 8 years old and was able to put it together by my preparing the items ahead of time for her. Also I  glued the grass to the column first as my hot glue gun is too  hot.   I used tooth picks ,which were glued into the plastic eggs( dollar tree eggs had a couple holes in each already) the site has good instructions. I had Ashley do her own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!