Pages

January 10, 2009

Week 2 Of The Diet

I am doing really great staying on my new healthy eating plan! Today will be a challenge, as I am attending my nephews's wedding reception and will need to have lots of will power! I hate the word diet..I have tried that for too long and failed..so now I will change that name to healthy eating. ( though I have to confess, my eyes have strayed to Pioneer Woman Cook's apple dumplings recipie..I did not falter!) Instead ,I was remembering a recipie shared with me years ago by a nice lady named, Naomi . You take med sized cooking apples, like Granny Smith, Johnathan etc... peel and core them. (Make several for later meals. )As I remember you set these into pan sprayed muffin tins )


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Ingredients

6 apples

1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon margarine

Wash apples and core using an apple corer. (Place in larger muffin tin )

Mix together SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and cinnamon. Fill each apple with the mixture and then top each apple with a small dot of margarine. pour on a little diet soda, Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes or until slightly soft.

It isn't apple dumplings, but sure tastes good...and keeps you on target for losing that weight!

6 comments:

  1. Cindy~
    I hope you stay strong at the reception...but don't deprive yourself!
    It's just one day...you can pick up again tomorrow! Enjoy yourself!!!
    Those faux apple dumlplings sound delicious! Would it be okay to slather vanilla ice cream on them! LOL
    I will be sending you some willpower vibes today...I need them too, the weekend is a killer for me!
    Really, though...go and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really yummy and it's so much healthier too. Good for you for sticking to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm, I'm on a diet too and these sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy, will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can smell them now! Think I will go start warming up the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good. I'm going to the market to get apples tomorrow! I'm so proud of you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!