Pages

January 6, 2009

Healthy Garden Salad

If you are a dieter or interested in healthy food recipies, be sure to go over to The Simple Life in the next few days. She will be adding some great recipies, as well as from others in Tasty Tuesday's Recipies, using Mr Linky to other sites posting recipies they like using as well.
Ingredients Healthy Garden Salad
5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
(I used dried)
2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon white sugar( or sweet and low)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (1 pound) package frozen peas
3 cups frozen corn kernels
(also can add green beans or limas)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained


DIRECTIONS


In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add corn and peas to the boiling water , cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors. Add what ever veggies you enjoy..the fresh frozen work best.

another site.. The Pioneer Woman Cooks  has a good pasta salad that I  think could be a "good thing!"

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining in on my fun. Be sure to stop on over and add yourself to my Mr.Linky I got it up and running now. Your salad looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing healthy recipes. Mark and I have been digging out the boneless, skinless chicken breasts from the back of our freezer in our quest to eat better. Now that I'm finally done having babies, my weight is really a sticking point with me. I want the skinny Andrea back. Hopefully, we can be an encouragement to each other throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, thanks for posting about my give-away. I'm wishing you luck and success with your healthy eating plan! You go, girl!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    I have an award for you on my blog,please pick it up !
    Prim Hugs & Blesings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!