Pages

January 5, 2009

My Goal for the New Year..A new looking me!

I have some serious health issues and I guess one could say I am morbidly obese...oh how I hate saying that...but sadly, it is true. My goal this year is to eat sensibly and try very hard to lose some weight. If any one here reading this has some good meal ideas that are low fat and low cal..I am all in need! The whole situation is quite distressing to me, but enough said...the diet started today!The word "stressed" makes perfect sense when you realize that it is "desserts" spelled backwards. I have such a love for sweets. I stumbled across this delicious chocolate drink ( thanks to my sister Helen) that has only 60 calories and only takes one minute to make. It is called Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets ( ww points 1) I am drinking a cup of hot chocolate, guilt free, as I type this post out...and know each here will enjoy it as much as I do. I am kind of following the Mediteranian diet plan, using whole wheat products, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat but do use olive or canola oil products, including a margerine...supposedly it is the good cholesterol type! Wishing all a happy and healthy New Year and dieting success for those also trying to shed some weight!

10 comments:

  1. You Go Girl!! I am rooting for ya! Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy~You know we need to stick together!
    I will be here to help you! If you feel the need to eat something that is unhealthy, just email me or comment me...because typing hands cannot hold a doughnut! Besides you shouldn't eat when you are on the computer, it is bad for the keyboard! LOL
    We can and WILL do this! It is a change in habits.
    I will thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you Cindy ~ I really hope that this new diet helps you a lot. And what a great way to have a quick "chocolate fix!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CAN do it! I'm right on the weight loss wagon with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind you all the way. I do have some yummy things we can eat. Maybe I should start posting recipes on my blog for the diet club. Thanks for the idea, and good luck. Lets get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are off to a good start! Took my Mom to Doctor yesterday and he stressed to her she needs to get her weight down. He wants her to go to 1,000 calories which seems way low. He told her to try South Beach. But her old habits are hard to break, I told her I would come in and throw out the stuff she needs to eliminate,, now don't take me wrong I am chunky to, I had to give up flour a couple of years ago which made me more of a sugar-holic, maybe me helping her will benefit me to. The only good thing I got going is I do exercise 5 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on eating sensibly. We all seem to have that problem. I always gain weight in the winter and try to lose it in the summer. I think I'll be looking for some 'good' recipes to put on my site, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just think how much better you are gonna feel...you can do it! We are can...a pound at the time! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck Cindy! I am starting on my diet today. We can and WILL do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Cindy!Older adults can get insulin resistant cells and the dr. told me the Mediterranean diet way the way to go .Thanks for the tip on the hot chocolate. I do love a warm cup of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!