Pages

January 22, 2009

About my Birth ~Day

I came into this world bottom first on January 22, 1945 at 7 pm in the evening. When my mom heard she was pregnant with me, she cried for a week , at first being told I was a tumor.  I have to admit, it was not the news she wanted to hear at first, but as it ended up,   I was such a loveable little bundle   ! We laughed years later when I told mom, I was the reason she lived to be almost 100 years...I was always in some kind of trouble as a kid, she had to live a long life to keep an eye on my siblings and me! ( I often think because sister Karen was so active as a toddler, she just wasn't prepared for another Karen..ha ha ha) . We had this post card that my then 14 yr old brother Howard wrote to mom at the hospital when I was born. "Dad is having trouble braiding Karens hair and can't get a comb through it "( he braided it by making knots in her hair) and "karen was climbing up on the kitchen cupbord." hey sis...do you have that post card? I can't remember for sure how it was written but rather humorous to read! Karen and I grew up giving our parents quite a ride for having us late in life ...Helen was the ideal child in the middle of us and our two older brothers , who also made life at the Wellman household interesting! 
But seriously..all five of us were very much loved and wanted..and we grew up knowing that!    thank you for all  the birthday wishes!


This a a poor picture quality, but one of the few we have of me as an infant, because during and after WW2,  photos were a luxury, so not many were taken...as you can see, I am still on the run!

 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cindy...May today be filled with all the joy and happiness that you deserve!
    I would bake you a h0-ho cake but it would mess up my computer screen when I try to send it through!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely story,have a blessed Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,
    I found your blog thru Janene and wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday! My birthday is today also.
    Have a great one!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. Love the birthday story thanks for sharing it with us.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday Greetings! I hope that you had a great day and celebration. I dearly love all your little stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm late ~ but Happy Birthday Cindy!! I loved reading the story of your birthday and especially loved reading about Uncle Howie's postcard to Grandma. What a wonderful memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that story so many times growing up...was trying to figure out how to get to the cereal boxes. Can't imagine how bad the house looked by the time Mom got home from the hospital. I also remember being told about how angry brother Don was when I was born...he was to name me Reginald after his best friend and I was a girl!!!!! Threw a shoe across the room.Glad he loves me now!!! Happy Birthday Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story, my last pregnancy was like that, I was not trying at the time at all to get pregnant. He will be turning 26 soon and was one I had to keep my eye on all the time. The stories I could tell about him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!