Pages

September 16, 2008

A few more decorations for Fall

Each day I bring out a little more....Fall is here in Illinois!

Barnwood with birdhouse/ fall arrangement




My Halloween tree is adorned with a tree topper designed by Judy Waggoner of Kentucky. Don't you just love the witch head stafff she added? Below , are some ornament from swap exchanges on Delphi forums groups...such talented gals!





The witch boots below are by Kathy from Hazelruthes. I purchased them a few years ago and it has the most adorable tag on it.


and this is what I will be making this week.......... a corn husk swag

How to make?? I have not the slightest idea!...but some jute and a large eyed needle and lots of strips of corn husks from our fields will get me started. I see Indian corn husks were also used to add color. I think I will add some colored gourds as well. I don't know the name to credit for making this swag..if anyone knows, I will post her name.I saved the picture on my computer a couple years ago and have not a clue where I got the picture from...but sure do want to make one!

11 comments:

  1. Cindy...love your fall goodies....I love the corn husk swag!...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks wonderful!
    The swag is just awesome, pls post pics when youre all done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this! I'll have to keep my eyes open for some corn husks at the flea market - they usually start to sell the stalks right about now. I think little gourds and pumpkins would look so cute added - how would you attach them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy you have been tagged by Craft From My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe attaching them would be as I do the Indian corn chunks...drill baby drill! then use a wire guide to pull the jute through...let the mini pumpkins dry naturally ...one could buy the dollar store mini fake pumpkins and add those along with real chunks of corn among the husks. we live among the fields of corn here in Illinois...corn husks are plentiful here!I have even died them but the colors tend to "bleed", so will use indian corn instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house must be the coolest house on the block for Halloween! You're like a "Grandma June twin." :) I love everything that you are sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about that...a Grandma June twin!!!! Love that. I think you do one terrific job decorating your house ..you just have that flare for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, I love all your fall and halloween decorations, just wonderful. I think the shoes are a favorite of mine as well.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the corn husk garland!It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Halloween decorations!!! That garland is awesome can't wait to see yours when it's done.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!