Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites
Prep time: 15 minutes min | Cook time: 2 hours plus 1 hour cooling time | Total time: 3 hours 15 min
- 1 Cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- When pie is completely cool, use a small-medium cookie scoop and scoop baked pie pieces and transfer to parchment paper. Drizzle melted chocolate over tops of bites, covering most of the bites. Let chocolate set then serve room temperature or chilled.