Pages

March 24, 2011

Here Comes a Pretty Cottontail!

I belong to a   forum in which we have  gift swaps for the various holidays. This years Easter Swap was indeed a very special one for me! My good friend, Judy Waggoner, had my name! Judy is a long time friend, who once did a lot of sewing jobs for us, specializing in snowmen, that we would use in our candle lamp arrangements to sell at craft shows. I always said it was her talents that sold my lamps..as the faces of these snowmen were always so adorable...just as is the face of this bunny!
The dress and pantaloons are made of a very soft textured fleece like material, the face paws and feet all hand stitched.  Isn't she sweet!
She is carrying a small vintage basket  filled with primitive wooden eggs.
resting next to her is a vintage quilt patchwork pillow with a  furry bunny appliqued onto the pillow. Using an altoid metal box, Judy did some pretty fancy altered art work, using photos and trims..inside are  5 adorable magnets , including two with photos of my grandsons!  what a special surprise this was!  Thank you very much Judy...As usual, you did a fantastic job! I have no doubt you continue to keep busy with orders, when making such adorable gifts.  !   


                                                                   I have named her ... Judy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!