Pages

November 18, 2010

It's a little early, but can you hear me now ?

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly. Tra la la la la laaaa...la la la laaaa.? "

The Christmas hymn carole books I listed on EBay? wll they ended up going to a very worthy cause. a group of soldiers will be singing songs from these books for the soldiers in the Persian Gulf!  God works in mysterious ways I do believe. I never sell stuff on Ebay..but decided one day to post about these 8 pamplets I had that were older and  rather sentimental, bringing back memories of my youth ( read here)  . The  man bidding on them ,ended up being a soldier.When I saw the return address to ship to, I wrote and asked him what he was using them for and when he told me, I sent all 20 books to him with the message...enjoy the books and sing extra loud, for me too!




Christmas carols and hymns have always been an integral part of my fanily's Christmas celebration. The sounds of the season  are heard at home from Thanksgiving to New Years. Bob loves the Christmas songs. Back home at my parents...when we were really young, we would join singing to the songs on the radio. we also sang in church programs and PTO programs, and of course caroling groups.. It was good way for us to learn the story of Christmas--to see that it was more than just a gift-giving/receiving holiday. That it was a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ., and a very appropriate to say Merry Christmas!


Several are my favorites: "What Child is This?" "Mary did You Know?" "Do you hear what I hear?"


Do you have a favorite carol or song about the Christ Child or about the season such as "White Christmas" or "Jingle Bells."? Please leave a comment about favorite titles or personal stories connected to them.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!