Pages

January 29, 2009

Revamping of an old shade

My daughter, Stephanie, bought the neatest lamp shade this week. It is trimmed with braid and has applique flowers on it and in rich burgundy colors...it looks really sharp. I picked up her discarded shade and said.."can I have this?" ( Anyone that knows me, knows I never throw things away too easily..so I brought it home.) I found this braid at WalMarts for 3.97. At first, I thought it may be too gaudy looking, but now that it is finished.I think I like it. (Bob didn't growl at it ..so i guess it is a keeper .LOL)
Before
hot gluing the braid
closeup of braid detail
all done!

11 comments:

  1. Cindy~
    That looks great!
    I never thought of doing that to a lampshade! It really changes the look and it is so easy to do!
    Now my wheels are turning in my mind to think of things that I can add trim like that to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a keeper. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Cindy ~ you are so creative with things that other people would just throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..what a difference.. How cool
    I think
    I MIGHT be able to do that..

    smiles. Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "NEW" shade, Cindy. You are so inventive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And the price was sure right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure made it a very pretty shade. Very elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy that turned out great. Love the color! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, what a stunning shade you have turned this into...I love what you have done.

    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish someone would come and spruce me up!! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!