Pages

December 22, 2008

Old Toys Gatherings...



Early 1900's Child's story book Country Playmates
...and Town Acquaintances





1950's Snow Globe









Old 1950's top








Christmas Attic Treasures


Stuck under one of my trees is an old top, snow globe , my old 1950's old doll and a child's story book . The snowglobe was property of my Mil, given to her by her son in 1956. It says "souvenir of Chicago Il" The doll was my last doll from "Santa" , the book a gift from mom from the 1930's, and the top I purchased a couple years ago for $4.00, because it reminded me of one I had received as a child. Sister Karen and i would play with it on the dining room linoleum floor. this one still works fine, according to Jeremy and Sean. Jeremy said he had it spinning a couple minutes! The red boot is something I made this from a good memory I have . Mom had my brothers boot over 60 years and painted it red and added cotton to the top of it to look like a Santa boot..actually it was once a cowboy boot Don wore as a little boy..it hung under moms porch light every Christmas that I can remember. I decided to make some little red boots for some of the grandkids this year.

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you showcase memories in your home Cindy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the red boot Grandma would hang up under her porch light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, Just love these beautiful pieces of yours. I love antiques...they are always so special.

    Just wanted to stop by and wish you the happiest of holidays. So nice to have met you this year. Enjoy your friends and family this season.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!