Pages

November 8, 2008

How to make a tree turkey

I had the grandsons overnight last night and we made us some turkeys to hang up on grandma's Thanksgiving tree. Supplies needed are pinecones..nice fat ones( scented ones are sold at Wal-Mart's for 4.00 a bag of 12) pipe stem cleaners ( red, and yellow ) and two packages of colored feathers for turkey tails( these are also sold at Wal-Mart at about 1.oo and package ( makes four) buckeyes ( found outside here in Illinois..or another nut ..like hickory or pkg at supermarket this time of year for the head., and small clothespin for clipping onto tree( Wal-Mart's) ...as you see I mainly buy craft supplies at wally world! LOL
Hot glue the feathers into the back of the flatter side of the cone. Glue buckeye into place adding the yellow beak by folding a smaller 1/4 inch piece pip cleaner in half. The red turkey waddle ( beard) under the beak, is a pipe stem folded in half and glued into place also....attach clothes pin clip to underside of turkey and  hang them up!


     Gobble  Gobble Gobble!

5 comments:

  1. How cute! This is a perfect project for young'uns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy
    What a special and cute "Thanks"giving tree you and your grandsons made... I cant wait till Shayla gets old enough to do these things with Grandma!!
    I will file this idea away for the future!!
    Hugs
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea!! I'm going to share this with my DIL to do with my granddaughter. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for your tree Cindy. I am so impressed that you had a Halloween tree and now you have a Thanksgiving tree. I'll bet the boys love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that tree sure keeps you busy! Bet you're all decorated for Thanksgiving already!!!!! I'll get to see it this year with us coming back so soon for the fixed car.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!