Pages

September 9, 2008

Sweet Autumn Clematis


I really love this vine. Every September, it starts blooming until the first frost, then dried out and has a neat dried flower look to it most the winter. I see lots of honey bees out there buzzing around for some nectar, so the bees are alive and well here in Illinois!




A vigorous grower, it covers my log cabin bird feeder


and my other gazebo feeder as well!


We took the boys for a ride in the car the other day.They thought this creek would be a neat place to throw rocks again, but this time grandma just took pictures!





and we found a buckeye tree! These are always fun to play around with. As kids ,we would string them as necklaces. Bob is going to drill holes in these for the boys to string up for necklace for mom..eh eh..I bet she can't wait to wear that to work! . They aren't edible...often referred to as a poisonous nut...so we need to teach the boys about not eating buckeyes. They had a great day!


Wild flowers along the road



Wild little boys in the Car!




Here is a neat thing to try...adding water effects to a photo!Anyone can do it! Just click on this link , upload a photo from your computer and voila' instantaneous water effect. http://watereffect.net/



Water Effect


12 comments:

  1. love the pictures....and really enjoy the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vine is gorgeous! We just planted the same exact one by our front door...I'm going to cross my fingers that it will do as well as yours did. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Char! good to see you made it to my place...I love working with gourds..they are neat! About the music...these are some of my fav guy singers! LOL
    Angie...the vine will be this big in just a couple years...likes the sun abd watering..mulch the roots to keep them cooler. it is gorgeous...my neighbor gaave me a start from hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little guys. love you birdhouse and vine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clematis so pretty!! Mine has alreeady bloomed. They bloom in August here in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty clematis! Love all your pictures and glad to see that you are getting out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, Thank you for your comment of Oct 2007. I had lost this blog for almost a year, I had no idea I had recieved such a kind response. I have a new blog plus the old somethingshiny, it is rosesinwinter.blogspot.com Please stop by.TTFN eden If you already got this please forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what wonderful pics and boy are the grandbabies ever cute!!! I love reading your blog my friend! Keep up the wonderful work!!
    HUGS~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, this is the lost blogger.In answer to your question about the wisteria in a pot, it stays out side year round, all I do is give it a little extra fertilizer and water when it drys out.Give it a try.TTFN eden

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy, so nice to meet you..thank you for your good wishes, I really appreciate them.

    Your yard is beautiful..I see you are like me, love flowers and the garden. I'll be a regular visitor to your blog so I can see what other beautiful photographs you are taking. All the best.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Sweet Autumn Clematis..I had some at our last home..and it was such a treat ..and just the best scent.
    I too am in Illinois..(small world)

    I hope to get some clematis soon..and let it go crazy on the fence..
    smiles, deena

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pictures! Your deck is decorated wonderfully. It makes me want to come sit a bit! I am glad you and the boys had a great day together!

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!