Pages

August 2, 2008



Some Great Rummage Sale Finds



I really love it when I come across a good rummage sale! Friday am, Bob, Jeremy and I went to a town wide rummage sale in a community nearby us. We found several great bargains, but these two really were special! We had the caravan packed so full...we looked like a group from the Beverly Hillbillies ...with Jeremy riding shotgun in the big chair! It was a fun day!
We also found several baking pans , ..a "new" steam iron and deep fat fryer, clothing,wool fabric, a horseshoe to hang for good luck...(Jeremy was skeptical about that),toys for the grandsons, sachets, vintage linens, ornaments and more.




This over sized sofa chair is indeed as comfy as it looks!...25.00 with ottoman.Nice and clean..needs a little sewing repair on the cushion of the ottoman..
This is a display table with a door in front to insert memorabilia or collections under glass. We paid 20.00 for this...in excellent condition too!

8 comments:

  1. What a score! I would love to have a table like that so that I could put my antique sewing tools in the display case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I would do seasonal vintage items I have inside it...keep changing it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the table Cindy...what a find! It will look amazing once you fill it up with your pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you must have nicer garage sales than we do here in Medina, I never find anything this good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know me, I am the ultimate garage sale junkie. The stone and the kids have messed with my garage saling this year. I had to miss for basketball camp (had to pick up Caryn smack dab in the middle of my garage sale time), swimming lessons, and doctors appts. I figure I have some serious "making up" to do over the next month and a half. At least that is my argument for going out all day Sat in Sept for the Hinkley sales! Do you think Pat will buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. chickengal...that is because you live Amongst the "Queens of Garage Salers"...I wouldn't be able to keep up With Kaen, Janine, Angie or Andrea!! ,they can smell a good buy 2 miles away! .One of my nieces even found a Ralph Lauren sweater for 4.00 and got over #300 for it on Ebay! ha! Seville has good town wide sales there...I went to one there when one of them got married.. ..arrived the day before the big sale started...Only my family would go garage saling before a wedding! I came back home to Illinois with lots of stuff I hadn't taken with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well I will claim the chair next time out, tell Bob I said so, heehee. love the table too, really good buys, lucky to have the van to haul it with.I know you will make that table so sentimental at times with all your treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know how I love garage sales! I'm so sad because I missed the last possible day for garage sales. (School starts for me on Thursday!) BTW, I sold the sweater for $400. Wish I could find more treasures like that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!