Pages

May 8, 2008

Door with Beveled Glass


Click to enlarge...a 100 year old door
I was just visiting one of my favorite blogging hangouts...Hazelruth's. I also have purchased her patterns, as many of you may remember from all those vintage shoes I have made in the past! She is having her weekly theme "Show Me Your door" . Not only will I show you my door...no not to my door, but a picture of it..ha ha..., I will ask you what color to paint it? We plan on getting the house painted this summer. It's an older two story and it will be white. The door needs some "punch" though.. what color would you suggest?

Thanks Hazelruth, ..this may help me decide what to do!!
http://hazelruthes.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Cindy, I love your door! I have always loved those big oval glass doors and look at all that gorgeous detailing! For color--strip off the paint and let the gorgeous wood show through! I'm wondering with all of that beautiful detailing in the wood if there aren't maybe different woods used, so you may have a few colors of wood and the door knob I'm sure is a beautiful brass. Uncover it all and let it shine! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for cranberry!

    Okay, I don't think I have your e-mail address, so here's the birthdays:

    Mark - 10/27/73
    Me - 06/23/75
    Nathan - 03/28/04
    Ben - 05/08/06
    Jordyn - 05/02/08

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy! So nice to meet you!

    Wow, your soon to be front door is making me swoon! I love it!! I just recently purchased an old door, too, so I'm in heaven on your blog!

    Hmmm, how about a sage green door? The lighter shade would compliment so many other colors.

    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl...go red! Lovely door....and wood would be my next choice...but red says hello, come in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments and suggestions!... Too much detail and work getting the paint out of the crevices and cracks...but would have loved seeing it natural as it once was. It will look great..still undecided.... but leaning toward the burgundy red color and black shutters.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!