Pages

January 15, 2008

Valentine's Day




Love is patient, Love is kind,It does not envy, it does not boast,It is not proud, It is not rude,It is not self-seeking,It is not easily angered,It keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil,but rejoices with the truth.Love always protects, always trusts,always hopes, always perseveres.Love bears all things, believes all things,hopes all things, endures all things.Love never ends.L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.
Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8




T



Valentines Day is a day to express your love, and to celebrate the spirit of love.


This is a Valentines basket filled with hand sewn fabric hearts that I embellished with beads and lace. Also added are a vintage handkerchief and silk florals . Soft candlelight, music and a box of chocolates ....all add to the charm and romance of the day!


Thinking back over the years, I think one of the sweetest gifts i ever received for Valentines Day, was when my Son Steve, who has Down's Syndrome, came home from school and signed to me " I love you" . The sign for "love" is made by crossing both hands over your heart. (Middle of your chest.) Your hands may be closed or open, but the palm side should face toward you. How sweet was that!











Each year , I enjoy signing up for Valentine ornament swaps on a favorite forum. . (Those in the swap, may be getting a sneak peek at what they will be seeing, ..but I will take my chances in order to show others now.) These are quilted muslin hearts that have been embroidered and embellished with glass beading and silk miniature roses. On the back is a pocket of a fabric rose print and a miniature Valentine greeting card. Please come back in a couple weeks and you will see all the other Valentine ornaments I receive in return. I am also making a white twig tree to hang them on..it will be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Aha!! Cindy, I peeked! I just whined that I hadn't received yours in the mail! I was going to put mine on my blog, too, but thought I'd wait a day. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..Karen it went out in the mail on Tuesday..so you will get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little ornament, too sweet! Where did you find the little roses? I don't remember ever seeing any so small at the craft store.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!