Pages

January 12, 2008

Cathedral Window Quilt


My sister in law, Donice, began making this variation of a cathedral quilt about 30 years ago...Like many of us tend to do, a project gets started with good intentions and then we put it down and think...this is just way too much ! ......She still had the cut squares nicely put away as a UFO. My sister and I decided this needed to be finished for Donice's grand daughter ( for a wedding gift one day)... We have started a weekly quilting bee ...and can tell , it will be a lot of quality time together talking and sharing and that is always fun!. I won't go into the instructions, as I am just learning...but did come across a good tuitorial on line that gives good step by step pictures and instructions. TBC'D :-)


These are my first attempts..every bit is done by hand. We quite a time learning this..as after all these years, Donice couldn't remember how she had made the first blocks, and we would start laughing at our determination!...but I think we finally got it! Fortunately we had a few of her first block t go by.The "Keeps us in Stitches" quilt club will report back now and then as to our progress! ( Including a wedding date for Elizabeth when she finds "Mr Right")
Update. May 2008 I have made 150 squares and the project is "on hold "now as the garden and yard work seem to be occupying my time...perhaps in the fall...
Post a Comment