Pages

January 2, 2008

A New Year's Sno-Yo Welcome!

Here is an idea I am sharing, to welcome you to the New Year! He is a little "snowYo" that I designed a few years ago. gave this one to a good friend and when I saw it out on her shelf this week, I snapped a picture in order to show , and also share with you ,how to make them !
As I remember, I used a cool whip plastic top to make the yo yos ( 6 inch circles sewn from white fleece into yo yos) ; three yo yo's for head from 5 inch circles; hat brim 6 inch black felt or fleece , and stove pipe hat top three 4-5 inch pieces made into yo yos. ...once these are made, I would hot glue them together, the very top and bottom pieces would be in reverse as not to show the sewn sides. Watch the fingers when working with that hot glue! For the base i would use a two inch wreath and moss and glue the snow guy onto it for help him stand up straight. I added twig arms, black beaded eyes and buttons, and wooly scarf and tiny red pom pom nose. I added a bit of fake snow and embellished with a little holly or wreath over his arm. ..and of course, a bit of glitter. Some of you may have received these in Christmas ornament swaps that year..I made literally dozens of them to sell at craft shows.
When finished, he resembles a snowman that may be just starting to melt. with a stitch or two , you can even put a little smile on hi face ( V stitched)

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. How neat! I will try this one! Like your music!
    Blessings
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blondie...it takes lots of gluing between the yo yos, but the final efect is really neat..my friend has had hers for about five years and as you see, has held up well. (picture just taken at her house)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blondie...it takes lots of gluing between the yo yos, but the final efect is really neat..my friend has had hers for about five years and as you see, has held up well. (picture just taken at her house)

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!