Pages

December 31, 2007

Oh Oh, I've Been Going The Wrong Weigh!

Dieting sure can be darn-right difficult! I've been struggling away at this for years now and I've back-slid more times than I'd like to admit ..or I'd be long past my goal, which is greater now thanit wa ten years ago! If I could just stay 100% focused on the goal, I think I could do this.. But the truth is real life gets in the way.Stress enters the picture and goodies sure start feeling ever so comforting. Here I am ,entering yet another New Year with new resolutions...and a party to go to..No McHappy New Year treats for this gal! Bob and I started our "healthy eating style" 2 weeks ago , after I having a scare from tests..Luckily for me,I am happy to say I do not have cancer!I do have hypertnsion though and a huge medication bill & both could be reduced..along with my weight. I am now motivated!
I had such a wonderful role model...my mom. At my age she also had a scare when at Mayo Clinic for a physical. They showed her the way to a successful weight loss of 100 lbs..with no surgery..just healthy eating with dietrary restrictions of the unecessary calories . I often wish now I would have told her how proud I was of her success. What an amazing thing she did!
I got to thinking what I could do to help motivate myself more and learn something from her endeavors. I decided to share this with everyone on my blog, ...along with my usual love for crafting.
Here are a couple good recipies I like ...let me know what you think, should you try them.
...and come back often and cheer me on!!....I plan to add some more recipies and hope you will see a slimmer me in 2008!
This was a great recipe. I love switching up my chicken and trying new things and the mix of lemon and garlic in this recipe really hits the mark. I highly suggest people try it out. Not only is it yummy but it`s quick and easy to make. 253 cal per serving :)
Lemon Chicken
Ingredients
1 3-1/2 pound chicken, skinned, cut into 10 pieces
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 thinly sliced garlic cloves (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
4 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
3 cups thinly sliced onions
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 lemon, sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed
Instructions
Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
Lay chicken pieces into a 11" x 13" baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken. Top chicken piece with a lemon slice.
Bake for 30 minutes at 400 F, until golden brown and juices are clear colored. Serving Size: 2 pieces.
BBQ Chicken
Ingredients
8 oz chicken breast, skinless and boneless
2 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ cup low-sodium catsup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp horseradish
Dash cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Instructions
Pre-heat oven to 375. Place chicken on broiler pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Pour over chicken.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Slice chicken and use additional sauce to drizzle over slices. 183 cal perserving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!