Pages

December 3, 2007

My Deacon's bench

Grand Detour church 1847


This deacon's bench was originally at the Grand Detour, Il . Peter's Episcopal Church , also home of John Deere, a blacksmith and later inventor of the plow.
I purchased it at an antique store in Dixon Illinois, and it sits at one end of my kitchen.
Redwork Pillows by Friends, Betty W, Donna W, and Sharon,( Ky)






I made this tied bench quilt made using 16 Log cabin blocks,


batting and lining the back.


Snowman Dan made by Donna W, Canada


Sean and Jeremy pillows made by Sue M. , Pa


Americana chest was painted by myself and was my father in law's


old tool chest.




4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Cindy. You have a lot of very talented friends...of course a creative person like yourself will draw other creative people to them! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!..I get my inspiration from them and things grandma would do.Remember the quilted window seats she had in the fron room? I loved those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting this on, sure was a lot of fun doing it, mine is still in pieces but some day, some day, LOL sending you a big hug for being one of my talented friends and love your blog site.
    Bev Atkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun quilt swap...especially knowing who made each by their signitures... my cousin martha, that was in charge of the quilting passed away 2 months after completeing it. When I find her picture, I plan to add it on this film strip.

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!