Pages

February 16, 2022

Becsuse every picture tells a story

 Hello.  I apologize that  I have been an absent blogger these past months .  I am back and have read the many positive comments and appreciate each one that commented 

I was asked about the photo on my header and title. . Also feel free to use the photo that I took . It is my parents old house , and no longer stands but the memories have withstood the many years gone by, ( one commenter inquired about this)

The home was built for the community's first Dr  in 1847  .   4 generations of Wellmans have since lived there my father ran a post office in the front room.for over 50 years   I believe postal patrons must had heard every argument , every piano  practicing session, some silly singing and even my sister and i practicing the trumpet and French horn !  Not your usual post office environment ! I was just remembering the week before Christmas , we would help dad hand stamp  letters to go out in the mail  in time for Christmas  this was done on the dining room table and sorted by  cities / states to go to.  Then in the large bag the postal carrier would pick up the next am . 

Ray Tubbs was such a wonderful man and we have great memories of  him as the mail carrier  he was so good with kids   Years later when I became an RN , i would care for his daughter who was wheel chair restricted , paralyzed from polio  we never know what another family is going through , Ray and his  wife certainly  had  great faith tho and their love for their daughter very  evident   . 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!