The Arch was completed in 1925. In 1936 electric lighting was added. In 1941 the top was removed due to an electrical fire and in the early 1960s the pillars were removed. The drinking fountain was donated to the city by Carson, Pirie Scott Store officials commemorating their first store located here. It is now in front of the Amboy Depot Museum. Info supplied by Darlene Boyd Hinkle of Amboy, Il. and photo supplied by Janet Barlow of Amboy Il.