Pages

December 23, 2010

Gifts I love!

Knowing well ,how dear to our hearts the Wellman Homestead has always been, artist, Jan Young of Vandalia, Mo.  presented me with a very special secret Santa gift this year!  This is a painting on a teapot of the home  that my sisters, and brothers and I  grew up in. I have written about this special house on my blog more that once, and so it gives me great pleasure in receiving such a thoughtful and beautiful gift!   and if that isn't enough, she hand painted a lovely wintry saltbox scene on a globe, which hangs in my dining room/kitchen doorway.  Thanks so much Jan...this one not only captures great admiration...but my heart as well!



The sheep and garden ( mom was an avid gardener) are on the back of the teapot.

 Hanging saltbox globe painting by Jan Young..isn't this lovely!
This is a patch work bag that my sister, Helen Page made for me..I love it!!! also was a pair of beautiful hand embroidered pillow cases. The last picture is a small tree that has hand embroidered snowflakes made  1960s. by Mildred Mossiman, My sister in law's  mother. aren't they pretty! Mom used to hang these on her tree every year..also displayed are two of  mom's  carolers.( her picture in background..taken 1923 )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!