Pages

July 13, 2010


 
A few years ago, a dear Friend, Helen Eyers ( Little Roundlady Creations) , made this doll for me.  
She is a Raggedy Annie, all adorned in her patriotic  stars and stripes. Helen handpainted the face, hands and  shoes/socks. After all these years, I finally found the perfect spot to show her off, in my Americana family room. I bought this "shelf" at a craft show up by Galena last Fall and am just now getting it hung up!   I am sure I will be doing other things with my window as I have plans to change it with the season...but for now Annie has a new home! 
This is another doll that Helen made in 2001, it was an American commemorative doll honoring those we lost on 9-11.  A time in our country that patriotism was at its highest, I like to think we all "still remember" and keep those brave people in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!