Pages

May 8, 2009

Life flies by us and before we know it, we look into the mirror and see our mother looking back at us....at least it seems that way to me. My grandmother, whom I never knew, had a stitchery she made that said..."all I ever am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." How true that is! My mom had this hanging in her living room for years and I later had it re framed for her. When mom passed , I gave it to my sister Helen...whom from of all 5 children,I felt she was most like our mom. ( and that is a huge compliment)
I often kid my brother when he is fussing about the housework or pulling "those darned weeds", how much even he reminds me of our mother, Junietta. In fact, I have nicknamed him "Donietta" . My sister now has this hanging in her home and no doubt will pass on to one of her children one day.it is quite an heirloom , having been stitched by our grandmother at the turn of the 1900's.
Happy Mother's Day to all Moms !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments made by some special people!