Pages

October 13, 2008

One Big Ball Jar!

I was cleaning this jar up and thought I would show and tell today and tell you a little about this jar . Bob and I used to sell dozens of these jars at our craft shows. We found a supplier in Iowa and Bob wouild predrill for the candle lamp and I would fill them up with pretties. It was a fun thing and I still change mine with the seasons. The jars came in one , two and four gallon sizes..this one is the four gallon . ( I am not even sure these jars are available anymore, but wouldn't mind a couple for storage containers now.) I have some artificial oranges, cinnamon sticks, clove scented pip berries and cloves in this one...also used a gingerbread guy on the outside, just becasue...I thought he belonged there! I used to make my own gingers to hang, but this one is bought and made from resin...Sean proof in case he thinks it is a real cookie!
Here is a close up...these were fun to make.. also did some other styles for other seasons..I have a couple Pilgrim shelf sitters I think would fit.....maybe... for Thanksgiving. If a person didn't want to drill a hole, you could use a LED candle . It has a replacement disc shaped battery...lasts around 1000 hours I think.

8 comments:

  1. I have one of those Giant jars just sitting empty. Thanks for the idea, time for me to do something with it I think. Got it at AC Moore with a half off coupon. I just don't want to drill a hole encase I decide to use to for food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one like this too, with a wider top. I use mine to store flour! Yours it SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these jars!...Some of the Joann's still sell them...I say every year I am buying one and never do...I am going out today and making certain I get one as they have a 50% coupon going on right now!...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do make the sweetest of ides...And boy do I need some ides now with christmas comming and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. was there ever anything you could not figure out what to do up special. Don't think so, this was a lovely way to display treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jar with the light and prim goodies! I understand about having to hang the resin gingerbread man on it - if I had a real one around her it would be gone in 2.5 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty Cindy! I love how you can change everything in it for each season.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great jar and it looks so pretty filled with colors of the season!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Comments made by some special people!